Just realised...I've got this blog about my life as a First Aider but I haven't actually told you my story.
Well started off at the age of 12. Within the ACF we have to do some basic first aid to get through the syllabus. I managed to fly through the course...it all seemed so natural to me, I continued to do the courses gaining Heartstart at first, then SJA Young Lifesaver Plus award.
As you probably also know, at the same time i was a scout, I'd just passed my SJAYLS+ award when i went on a weekend camp with them, my best mate was working with the First Aid team.../pair, and they were struggling so he asked me along to lend a hand. After this camp, i was 15 he was 16, we decided to make something of it and tried to become the Scout Districts First Aid team, the district were having none of it because it'd cost them way too much so we set up our own team.
We gained contracts with a county council covering their events and also a school's while still covered the scouting events. After a year my mate had to step down as the team leader so i took his place, putting him down as 2IC while i ran the show. I quickly decided that we wouldn't be able to afford running it off our own backs so i amalgamated the team with another, still maintaining the TL role but under the guidance of another, much larger, scouting team.
I spent about 6 months in this role before i left for personal reasons and instead joined St Johns Ambulance all in May 2011.
On top of all of that i work with one of the largest scout First Aid teams in the country and cover large jamborees there working alongside doctors, nurses, paramedics, ambulance crews and other first aiders.
So there you are, that's me. I'm now studying A-levels with the aim of going off to university to join the prowess of the Healthcare Proffesionals' and hopefully onto the Armed Forces to work!!
No comments:
Post a Comment