Wednesday, 19 September 2012

New Job

Started work with a new company this weekend. with them i can do what I've always loved plus...I get paid!! First 2 event were...dead! (excuse the pun) dealt with only 2 pt. one of which i sent away in a SCAS vehicle.
Numero un!
Watching the Rugby being played at a very well known and very Large college! (Wills and Harry went there *coughcough*) when a young 13yo lad walked over, wrist in hand with another players parent. The parent told me the boy had tackled someone and they'd fallen on his wrist. I did my initial assessment as per usual;

  • Appearance-Slightly reddened (as to be expected) no obvious bruising
  • Movement-Only slight sidewards movement
  • Pain
    • Origin-Right Wrist
    • Provokes-Movement
    • Quality-Aching/stabbing
    • Radiates-From lower arm to mid palm
    • Severity-3 when rested, 8 when moved
    • Time-since from time of injury
  • Feeling-Full feeling in hand and lower arm
So simply applied ice and called for an ambulance...or so I thought.
Another parent then came over to say her bit...unfortunately she was a GP. In her eyes she thought he should be allowed to travel home (on the coach) and then go to A&E when he arrived, this then provoked the boy and his Teacher to start asking if this would be allowed. To which the Duty Officer (my Dad) put him in a sling to hear him scream in agony. So he went to A&E...much to the disgust of the GP and the Teacher.

Numero deux!
Now this one was at an Ironman event where there were some very poorly people as you should expect! However I was presented with a simple "I feels that i's has a bits of grit or the sands in my eye" from one of the french competitors...So a simple flush from myself, a quick look to see if i could see anything then got the "Doc" in who had a look for scratches with Fluroscein. Job done!

So first Weekend at the new job went down without too much of a hitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment