This post should be about the 4 incidents I had to deal with on Friday night at my town's local Pumpkin Parade to celebrate Halloween. But seen as 3 of them were mainly down to drinking, 2 being underage, this is going to be about the stupidity of the young society today!
I know I can hardly speak for getting drunk before the legal age...but I did this in the comfort of either my own, or a close friends home, in relative safety! And i only started this around the age of 15...fairly young i know, but I was nearly 17 before I got extremely drunk.
I treated one young female Friday night who, admittedly probably didn't need treating due to her obvious drinking, but seemed only 12 or 13 wearing a crop top, short shorts and high heels.
Later on, as we were moving back to HQ following our stand-down we had to deal with a 20ish year old who had 'fallen over' and received various lacerations and incisions on his left palm and inner fingers and grazes and abrasions to his right knuckles with query fractures to his 4th and 5th proximal phlanges...after we'd battled, with help from 5 police members, to dress his hand...twice due to bleed through, he refused hospital treatment and it took us a further 10 minutes to get him to sign the treatment refusal form.
Later on, in fact as soon as we'd finished with our young man in the town centre, we were called to the scene of a fight outside a fast food shop. A drunk teenager/20yo attacked an innocent young lad who ended up needing spinal boarding and transporting to hospital for various checks and such like. He had been knocked unconscious, we'd queried a broken nose due to blood coming from it and also the 'panda eyes' that developed over time.
aAll this in mind...the organisers will no doubt allow it to happen again next year and no doubt we'll have to hospitalise some more people and put strain on the NHS!
Rant over.
I couldn't agree more! The whole parade was a joke really in terms of "problem free" as was stated by local media. It was fight after fight and basically an alocohol fueled fisty cuffs all night long. I saw a 13 year old girl last year who was so drunk she couldnt remember her name.... how very very sad!
ReplyDelete